Friday, March 14, 2014

Salsa Walnut Lettuce Wrap



If I was on a deserted island with only one food choice - THIS would be it!!  This is one of my favorite foods for Lunches, and I love the fact that I can eat as many as I want and still feel great and healthy afterword! I hope you Enjoy!!
                                                                   ~ Becky Nielsen


Ingredients:


2 C Walnuts 
1 Tbsp. Ground Cumin
1 ½ tsp. Chili Powder
1 ½ tsp. Ground Coriander
 Pinch of Cayenne Pepper
 2 tbsp.Tamari

6 large Romaine Lettuce leaves OR Collard Green leaves
Salsa or Pico De Gallo (Preferably Homemade) 

Process walnuts in food processor until coarsely ground. (I often chop up with a knife as well).
Combine walnuts in medium bowl with the other spices (cumin, chili powder, coriander, cayenne).
Stir in tamari. set aside. 

Place trimmed leaf down on cutting board. Spoon about ¼ cup walnut mixture in middle of leaf; top with desired salsa. Roll up leaf (burrito-style if preferred). Eat and Enjoy! And then Eat some more ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment